Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pregnancy

I have had several people ask me how I've been doing and how my pregnancy is going. Pregnancy has been good! I have been fortunate to feel relatively normal. I have not been too tired, sick, or had any strange cravings. I am still working and plan to do so up until baby comes. This pregnancy has been very similar to the first. I have felt much larger though! I definitely showed a lot sooner and I feel like my belly is bigger.

The good news has been that despite Joey’s condition, there have been no restrictions on me or the pregnancy. While Joey is in utero, his condition is stable. I have not had to limit my diet or activity in any way. Recently, the doctors have advised to stop running and take it easy. It is critical that Joey remain in utero as close to full term as possible for the sake of size and strength. They want me to rest and make sure that I am not doing anything that will induce labor.  Recently, I have leveraged this "doctor recommendation" to have Eric do chores, while I have my feet up.  :)

Currently, I am seeing the doctors twice a week for stress testing and once a week for an appointment. The doctors do not anticipate that Joey will be under any stress as its not common with the heart conditions. The testing is a precaution that they make all the high risk patients do as it gets closer to the end. As important as I know this montoring is, I am really sick of going to the doctor!

The plan right now is to induce labor. The doctors want to make sure that Joey arrives in a controlled environment. The intentions are to do normal delivery. The doctors do not anticipate labor being stressful on Joey where a C-section would be needed. This was good news to me!  

Joey's due date is less then a few weeks away and labor could come at any time. If I were to go into labor on my own we would just get to the hospital as soon as possible. At this time the date for induction has not been set yet.We have been told it would the middle of November.

Joey's arrival is going to creep up on us fast. Right now we are enjoying time as a family before life gets hetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment