Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Blog

I feel bad that I have not updated the blog in several weeks. We have had a lot of cool things going on that are worth sharing. Joey was a huge part of our lives and he continues to impact us and others in his afterlife. 

At first I was not sure what to do with the blog after Joey passed. What would I post? Would people still be interested in our story? Where do we go from here?

I did not start the blog for myself. I started it to keep friends, family, and others in our lives updated on Joey and his battle. This blog has connected us with so many people and has become more then I ever thought it would.

The past few weeks I have not made it a priority to share my thoughts, feeling, and updates on our family. I think it is important to keep people updated on how we are doing and continue Joeys story.

More to come....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erica,

    I wanted to let you know that I re-read Baby Joey's story today. I am now a second year medical student and this past week we had several lectures on congenital heart disease which made me think of you and your family. I have shared this blog and your family's story with a few of my classmates who each commented on how well you were able to articulate this painful experience, and also how important it is for us to hear this story from the perspective of a mother. I hope it brings you some joy that Baby Joey's story continues to impact future generations of physicians, and inspires us to look for better ways to treat congenital heart issues.

    Sending your family love and hugs from Ann Arbor!

    Regina Royan

    ReplyDelete