Sunday, February 15, 2015

Thank you

Thank you to everyone that came out to support us on Thursday. Eric and I were surprised by the turnout. We feel blessed to know that so many people love and support us. We have been overwhelmed by amount of people that have offered to help with Jonathan, those that have cooked us a meal,  offered to help with any little task, or have donated money. Eric and I have not always been the best at asking for help and everyone in our lives have made the past three months much easier for us.

I can not thank my mom and sister enough for the countless times at a drop of a hat they were at my house to take care of Jonathan and our dogs. My mom spent a few weeks at our house with Jonathan while we were at the hospital. This was a huge help to us and whenever we returned the house was clean, laundry was done, and the fridge was full. My sister, Lisa, was always there to welcome Jonny into her family, pick him up, and do whatever I needed.

Although Eric's parents lived faraway they were always willing to make the drive and help too. Eric and I were shocked by the amount of people that came to Joey's funeral from out of town. Many people drove 4-5 hours just for the service to turn and go back that same night. The effort of those that made the trip just to give us a hug was outstanding.

I would also like to thank Chris Pope and Dave Anderson again for starting the go fund me page. Between the medical bills, funeral cost, and me not working for three months the huge financial burden of this whole thing has been a major relief. Thank you to everyone who has donated. You have really helped our family in a special way. The financial stress of this horrible situation has been lifted.

Eric and I would have never been able to get through this if it was not for the flexibility of our jobs. I special thank you to C.H. Robinson and CDW for their support and understanding.

The love that Eric and I have felt this past week has been amazing. I honestly did not know that so many people cared about us. Father Gavin said at mass, "Baby Joey's purpose here, if only for a short time, was to bring love together." I couldn't agree more, and the love was indeed felt. Thank you to everyone for all of your love and support. Eric and I can't put into words what it's meant to us.

Baby Joey will always be remembered in our hearts and Eric found a special way to keep him present in over everyday lives.



Baby Joey is finally at home and watching over our family.





 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment